Important factors involved in test automation
- How often we execute the test?
- Do you really need to automate this test case? Is it cost effective?
- What is the mechanism you have to execute manual and automated testing in parallel, how you would compare the results?
- Is it quite complicated and time-consuming to execute it manually?
- How accurate results do you want after executing this test?
- Do you have skilled resources available for its automation?
- Are you automating it for regression testing? As automation plays key role in regression testing?
- Scripts written for automation are scalable to cope with the added functionality in future?
It is quite obvious that there are other factors involved in test automation as well, I just mentioned few of them.